Friday, April 18, 2008

Australia's Next Top Model Lets Meet The Contestants.

TV Week has a rundown on the Australia's Next Top Model Contestants as well as a summary of the ones to watch.

Unfortunately it is not online. Update: I should have just waited a week as it is now online here.


The here is the rundown, however their answers to why should you be Australia's Next Top Model were answered like they were in a Miss Australia pagent. So in italics I have written what they really wanted to say.


Belinda Hodge is an 18 year old school student from Melbourne, Victoria.


Why should you be Australia's Next Top Model?
"Cause my mum says so and what she says goes!"


("Because I want to be like Kate Moss and shag rock stars, except I will ensure they are 10 times better looking then her boyfriends")


Emma O'Sullivan is a 17 year old school student from Pottsville, NSW.


Why should you be Australia's Next Top Model?
"Because I really want it. I know I'm not perfect, but I have 'that' look.


("Which other industry is ok to have a eating disorder in? In fact it is encouraged.")



Samantha Downie is a 20 year old uni student from Melbourne, Victoria.

Why should you be Australia's Next Top Model?
"I have a unique look that could work internationally, and it's something I want more than anything else."


("I hear the best champagne is served prior to the Paris fashion shows")

Alexandra Girdwood is a 20 year old uni student from Sydney, NSW.


Why should you be Australia's Next Top Model?
"I have a versatile look, a great personal style, and I'd be a great role model beacuse of my interest in fashion, health and education."


("It is a way of dropping out of Uni without letting my parents know I am flunking out.")

Rebecca Jobson is an 18 year old Customer Service Officer from Wollongong.


Why should you be Australia's Next Top Model?
"I can't imagine doing anything else with my life apart from modelling. I don't want this competition, I need it! Plus, I'm a mad breakdancer."

("I didn't qualify for So You Think You Can Dance or Big Brother and I really really wanted to be on a reality tv show."


Kristy Coulcher a 19 year old bartender from Sydney, NSW.


Why should you be Australia's Next Top Model?
"I'm a fit and healthy girl, who would be a positive influence for young Australians."


("So I can marry an ageing billionaire and never have to work again, on second thoughts an ageing millionaire will do.")


Alyce Crawford is an 18 year old shop assistant from Kiama, NSW.


Why should you be Australia's Next Top Model?
"Because of my love for modelling - I would do my absolute best. It wouldn't even be classed as work."


("So I can snort class A drugs in trendy nightspots around the world, with hopefully someone paying for them.")


Alamela Rowan is a 17 year old from Byron Bay.


Why should you be Australia's Next Top Model?
"Because I have the face and body of a model, and I'm willing to work hard tocreate a look that's unique and beautiful in every aspect of the business. I believe you can always make whatever you do fun."

("To shag a bra boy, I know the Tozzie sisters have already have the Abberton Bros, but is Reni Matua still available?)

Leiden Kronemberger is a 19 year old unemployed girl from Sydney, NSW.


Why should you be Australia's Next Top Model?
"I never thought I was good enough to be a model, so it probably the last thing I wanted in life. But now that I'm geting the opportunity, I don't want it to end - I want to make it my life."

("To get off Centrelink benefits would be a good start.")

Jamie Lee is 21 year old office assistant from Adelaide, South Australia.


Why should you be Australia's Next Top Model?
"I'm everything an Australian model should be: sporty, athletic, down-to-earth, passionate, determined, relaxed, and I have a friendly face that everyone feels comfortable with."

("Because I am the only one I know who looks good in the '80's fluro colours and poo catcher pants that are now in fashion.")

Caris Eves is a 19 year old uni student from Perth, Western Australia.


Why should you be Australia's Next Top Model?
"Because I'm not as immature like some of the girls and I'm more experienced. I'm also interested in the whole industry: fashion, makeup etc."


("Because all the other girls are scrags.")


Demelza Reveley is a 16 year old school student from Wollongong, NSW.

Why should you be Australia's Next Top Model?
"I really want it, and I'm determined, easygoing and enthusiastic about everything we do. If I won, I'd use the prizes to my best advantage and make myself the best top model ever."

("Well I am 16 years old, and how else do you kick start your career these days except by appearing on a reality TV show?")


Kamila Markowska an 18 year old law student from Adelaide, South Australia.


Why should you be Australia's Next Top Model?
"I know I can be a really good model and make it big out there. I also get along with everybody and can handle tough situations."

("Because with my beauty and brains I may get a job as a Channel 9 weather girl, until they forcibly retire me at the age of 30.")

TV Weeks Ones To Watch
Alamela: Reserved and aloof, she doesn't bond with the others and quickly becomes an outsider with a target on her back.
Alexandra: Not all the girls appreciate her outspoken nature, leading to some clashes.
Alyce and Rebecca: This giggly twosome are dating brothers. Will their friendship survive when the competition heats up?
Belinda: Her kooky, klutzy antics have the contestants laughing - sometimes with her, sometimes at her. But her honesty wins her some important fans.
Leiden: She's a tomboy who burps like a drunken sailor. Can she become a catwalk queen?

No comments: