Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It is official reality tv is manipulated!

Trainer Jillian from The Biggest Loser confirms what most savvy reality tv viewers know that producers manipulate the show to keep things interesting.

Jillian is peeved over claims that she handpicked JJ for the Black team.

TV Week reveals this was not the case.

The story is when Steven left the black team, Biggest Loser producers decided to replace him with a contestant who had been voted out of the white house.

While a recent episode appeared to show US trainers Bob and Jillian deciding that JJ was the best candidate for their team, Jillian says nothing could be further from the truth.

"[The producers] manipulated us and tried to make it look like we chose him," Jillian fumed. "We did not choose him. And I had a trantrum on set because I was like, 'I did not choose him and I'm not going to pretend as though I did!"

"We didn't even know him," she said. "We had nothing to do with him and I was quite adamant about that actually.

Her opinion on JJ? "That guy's an idiot - throw him under a bus."

Personally I think we all know that reality tv involves some type of manipulation by producers, and if it makes it more interesting so be it. I am sure producers on Idol decide who gets the lucky last spot and it is not drawn out of a hat.

I would like to know of other scenarios like this - they tend to be kept very well hidden, a reality tv aficionados have to guess at them.

1 comment:

Contented Single said...

Thought this might be so. However, as much as I hate him, JJ was the one to pick for ratings. What do viewers want, rorting but interesting viewing, or honesty and the chance of it being a bit mundane?