Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dean Geyer didn't get a record contract but you can now see him on Neighbours.

For those who care, and I must confess I don't, Dean Geyer will be on Neighbours from this week.

Neighbours has already had reality tv "stars" on the show - all male I note. Blair Donahue (BB), and Dan O'Connor(Aust Idol) both had fairly long stints

I thought Dean was meant to be a singer? However he may be able to channel that into his role on Ramsey Street where he plays a young musician Ty Harper.

TV Week has an offline article here are some snippets:
  • He hopes to be on Neighbours a long time.
  • His first scene is him playing in his band in a pub.
  • Neighbours has turned into a musical as he will be seen singing in quite a few scenes.
  • Music industry is his main passion. There's talk of a new album coming out towards the end of the year.
  • He has had acting lessons for the role, also he had to lose the South African accent for the role.
  • He still lives at home with his family.
  • He is still seeing Lisa Origliasso of the Veronicas. She is currently in LA.

I am surprised he is taking the Neighbours option, when on Idol I thought he had huge appeal for the teen girl, and I thought he would try and crack the US Evangelical Christian music market.

2 comments:

Contented Single said...

Some people will do anything to be famous.

BTW is he still a virgin?

Reality Raver said...

I doubt he is still a version, I don't think Lisa Origlasso would put up with those shenanigans. Sorry what I meant to say she would want some shenanigans!