Sunday, March 9, 2008

American Idol top 12 revealed

For those people who did not reader the spoiler alert on Friday to find out who had been eliminated from American Idol here it is.

The four who did not make the top twelve were:
  • Kady Malloy - no surprise there.
  • Luke Menard - thank god he went he was the worst performer left.
  • Asis'h Epperson - a bit disappointing I thought she was stronger then the second last girl standing Kristy-Lee Cook.
  • Danny Noriega - the competition will be duller without him, but apparently Rosie O'Donnell has offered him work already singing on a cruise where Cyndi Lauper will also be performing. Hopefully we will get to see more of him.

MTV have interviews with the eliminated four.

The final 12 are:

David Cook, David Archuleta, Jason Castro, Brook White, Syesha Mercado, David Hernandez, Ramielle Malabuy, Carly Smithson, Amanda Overmeyer, Kristy Lee Cook, and Chikeze.

Entertainment tonight has interview with all the top 12.

On tonight's show Paula was still being wacky, but not as garbled as the girl's '80's nights. On that night her she became less lucid as the show went on, clearly the 'medication' was kicking in. At times it was more entertaining then the singing. Simon had to pull her down into her chair at one stage.

6 comments:

Sue B said...

Totally agree with the boys (loved Danny's personality, but NOT his singing). Do NOT agree with the girls, however. I do think Kristy Lee Cook is utterly forgettable (per Simon), and I expect her to be booted (or punted in Aussie, I guess ;-)) from the competition in the next couple of weeks.

My money's on David Cook right now (not David Afchaleta, b/c he seems too one-dimensional). I think Jason (mu favorite), Carly, and Brooke have excellent chances aa well).

Reality Raver said...

I agree with you re: Kristy Lee Cook, she is dull, and I am surprised she previously was given a record contract.

She is bland on and off the stage.

My favourite was Micheal Johns in the beginning but he is plateauing and none of his recent performances really moved me.

David Hernandez I am starting to like but I don't think he has got what it takes to go all the way.

David Cook I am not that keen on as I think he is a bit of a faux rocker.

Still have not decided on a favourite with the girls.

Glad you are learning some of the Aussie vernacular!

Sue B said...

I thought David Arcaleta was a shoo-in, but he is quite gloomy, as Simon noted. I am a fan of Carly, but prefer Brooke, who knows the right songs and just *has* it (I love when she plays guitar). Amanda is annoying. I do like David Hernandez--he is growing on me--but my favorite (or favourite :-)) is Jason, b/c he is just so genuine (not short about the dreadlocks, though). His Hallelujah was so soulful.

Last year, I knew I loved Blake and thought he'd go all the way. Aside from David A, who probably peaked too early, and may get on people's nerves, I don't think there is a favorite, which is cool. It's an actual contest this time (though I thought Melinda would win last season, but she didn't have the stage presence of either Blake or Jordin, who does little for me).

I don't get to see SYTYCDA, of course, except via video, late, so I can't pick a favorite, though I do like Jack, Henry, and Anthony. Girl-wise, I just don't know.

Sue B said...

Here's an update, Top 12:

David Archuleta was HORRIBLE last night, almost as bad as Kristy Lee Cook (who shouldn't even BE in the competition anymore). He is lucky he is (was) the front runner, or he'd be booted off. He better watch it, big time, or there will be a huge backlash. Go back to being dour, David, but don't be so bouncy that you forget the words!

Carly kicked butt. I don't like Amanda, but she was great, too. As always, Brooke and Jason were soulful. David Hernandez was terrible, but he still has a great voice. Kristy Lee was embarrassing and does not GET it. Don't countrify the song and sing off-beat Kristy, just put some country touches on it (Read: Phil from last season). David Cook was great, too, and Michael was pretty good. And Chickize RAWKED. The rest were forgettable.

See ya, bye, Kristy.

Reality Raver said...

Thanks Soobee I tend to agree with your assessment.

I am just writing my recap now - I had a problem with the recording so had to wait for the later show, so decided to go to bed afterwards.

Very slack of me.

Sue B said...

Slack, indeed. ;-) (j/k)

I am usually on with this show, and I read the recaps on EW (Entertainment) and TV Guide online, and they both pretty much agreed with me. I'm impressed that you get the feeds right away. I wish we could get SYTYCDA, but no go, except for YouTube and Blogging SYTYCD, of course.