Sunday, March 23, 2008

Choreographers hit back at Meryl Tankard

In an article on News.com.au choreographers accused Meryl Tankard of being patronising and arrogant over her criticism of a reality TV dance competition.

The article related to Meryl Tankards comments can be found in a previous blog titled Meryl Tankard implies dance should not be for the masses.

The best quote in the article is from Fellow choreographer Robyn Moase.

"I was outraged and somewhat amused that somebody whose claim to fame is 'fish swimming in mid-air' at the Sydney 2000 Olympics opening ceremony, and who has bored so many people with her self-indulgent work, would dare to dismiss commercial dancers in such a totally arrogant, uninformed and patronising manner," Moase said.

"About 10 years ago, I sat through an evening of Meryl's contemporary work . . . I thought, 'My God, she's been given money to do this? Her concepts are odd and she has not brought them to any kind of choreographic fruition. It looks amateur'

I could not put it better myself. Meryl consider yourself put back in your box.

No comments: