Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mariah Carey to judge Beatles songs on American Idol - It is just wrong on so many levels.

Mariah Carey who you either love or hate is going to redefine the definition of sacrilegious by judging Beatles songs on American Idol this week.

In the producers fervour to give us another week of Beatles songs clearly they couldn't move Mariah guest judge appearance as it would have interfered with her new album promotion schedule.

At least it is not going to be the Mariah Carey song night - though that could have been amusing as only about 3 of the eleven would have been able to hit the notes.

Fox News for the full story.

More American Idol news:
Paula Abdul admits to a Freudian crush on Simon Cowell.
Paula Abdul subconsciously fancies Cowell - dubbed TV's Mr Nasty - even though she finds his sharp-tongued comments hard to take.

With these comments and her dreadful reality tv series Hey Paula there is not much more her credibility can take. Click here for the details

Simon Cowell Predicts Jason Castro to be in the final four
Simon on Oprah gave his predictions for who is going to win idol.

Simon: "Well, I think the front-runner right now is David Archuleta.(applause from audience). But don't rule out Brooke (White), David Cook and Jason Castro. Any one of these guys could win. I think it's going to get very, very interesting

At least he has stopped talking up Carly Smithson. Neighbours blog have details of his Oprah appearance.

Picture of Danny Noriega on a cruise ship with Rosie O'Donnell
For those wondering what Danny Noriega has been up to - here is a picture of him on a cruise ship with Rosie O'Donnell. Danny has been singing on the ship on the cruise Rosie organised.

Picture here. Nice to see they both got dressed up. NOT.

7 comments:

Sue B said...

Seriously? Mariah Carey? Gag me.

Sue B said...

Oh, and YAY for Jason Castro! I adore him (though my 11-year-old niece Jami is a big David Arcaleta fan and thinks he will win).

Here is an early prediction:

David Cook
Brooke White (or David Archaleta)
David Archaleta (or Brooke White)
Jason Castro

I have no idea, of course, and I am often wrong (I was SURE Melinda Doolittle would win last year), but I just don't think David A will take it in the end, b/c I don't think he is versatile enough, though he will bring in the tween vote. I think a lot of guys like Brooke and a lot of girls like Jason, but I think David Cook is the most talented of the bunch.

It's kind of nice to know that there is a race and it's not just the David Archaleta and company year.

Sue B said...

Well...briefly:

David Archuleta was brilliant tonight. He's back, baby! (This is Randy speaking.) David Cook was really strong (sorry, Simon, he WAS). Brooke and Jason were a mess. Carly was also great (though Simon disagreed, not sure why). Michael was mediocre. Chickize or Kristy Lee are outta here (terrible, terrible, terrible). Ramiele and Syasha were okay. The night was pretty bad. I really do think it's time for Kristy to go (but then again I think it was two or three weeks ago). What a disappointing show, especially after last week's brilliance. I'm missing someone; sorry. Tomorrow night it's Kellie Pickler (yawn).

Fifi said...

In some ways this could be very entertaining. I would like to see Mariah Carey dissect the vocals of 'Why Don't we do it in the Road' or 'Polythene Pam' or "Piggies". She may tear up at "Help".
But surely it will be the rehashed songs of AM radio that will be covered. Tasteful versions of 'Across the Universe' and 'Blackbird' and God help me 'let it Be'.

Reality Raver said...

Thanks Soobee - can you do me a favour NOT tell me who was eliminated tonight as we get it on our tv 5 hours after you guys get it in the US.

I have not watched last nights show yet as I went to the Sinead O'Connor concert, and when I got home I did not want to wreck the angelic tones of Sinead still in my head to come to a crashing halt when I saw Mariah Carey.

Soobee for the Australian readers who is Kellie Pickler???

Sue B said...

Actually, no Mariah Carey! I was surprised...

Sorry...I promise no spoilers this time!

Sinead O'Connor? Yep, she beats AI any day. ;-)

Oh, and Kellie Pickler fashioned herself as the dumb hick country girl (her experience with sushi was NOT AT ALL FUNNY) two seasons ago. She came in fifth (b/c she's pretty, not b/c she can sing, though she *is* better than Kristy Lee Cook), but has managed to established a decent music career. I'm sure she'll be...er...tolerable tonight. :)

Let me know once you watch the results show, RR! :)
Sue

Anonymous said...

First i want to thank you for all the wonderful articles you post. Thanks again for let us spread the love we have for our’s favorites one. Melinda Doolittle are really a talented singer with a big heart of Gold! Without website will be really difficult for the fans to share the great news about them. Thanks.
FREE SONG FROM AMERICAN IDOL’S MELINDA DOOLITTLE! GO TO http://www.melindadoolittle.com and get it NOW - FREE! New album released on February 3, 2009! Don’t miss it!