The Olympics are finishing and now it is time for the sixth season of Idol to start. This year there is a lot of pressure due to the continued falling ratings of the show.
The changes that have occurred:
- Mark Holden dumped so there are only three judges;
- The sexy Ricki-Lee Coulter added in as an additional host;
- The top 100 will have a live audience to sing to;
- Marcia is apparently going to be meaner this year;
- There will also be voting (more money making) on a Monday night so the voters decides who in the bottom three goes home.
Channel Ten has decided to immerse us in Idol for the next two weeks with hardly a break. There are auditions all this week. The top 100 hundred next Sunday, and then four nights of semi-finals. Personally I think it may be to much and only the diehard fans and reality tv bloggers will be the ones who will sit through it all.
Tonight was the Melbourne auditions and being back to the three judges is already an improvement and the chemistry between them is good. There have been rumours that producers contemplated not having Marcia Hines and Dicko and to replace them with someone younger like Darren Hayes and Tina Arena, so the acid is being put on them. I still cannot work out why Kyle Sandilands is the favoured child of Channel 10.The auditions were the usual mixture of the deluded, the attention seekers, and the talented. As usual the interesting bit in these shows is trying to pick which of the singers will make top 12.